Thursday, June 4, 2009

Don Juan's Serenade

by : Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy

Darkness descends
on Alpujara's golden land.
My guitar invites you,
come out my dear!

Whoever says that there are others
who can be compared to you,
whoever burns for your love,
I challenge them all to a duel!

Now the moon
has set the sky alight,
come out, Nisetta, oh come out, Nisetta,
on to your balcony, quickly!

From Seville to Granada
in the silence of the nights,
one can hear the sound of serenades
and the clashing of swords.

Much blood, many songs,
pour forth for the lovely ladies;
and I, for the loveliest one of all
am ready to give my song and my blood.

Now the moon
has set the sky alight,
Come out, Nisetta, oh come out, Nisetta,
on to your balcony, quickly!


source: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/don-juan-s-serenade/


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

9 comments:

  1. bagus ya :)
    btw emang kamu don juan ya? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah...emg punya brp blog..heehhehe...suka puisi ya...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ enno: ntahlah
    @ indoneter : thanks :D
    @: mey : yg 'resmi tayang' ada, selain ini : http://forex-dreamer.blogspot.com , satu lagi 'under construction' hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. hemmm...ga ngerti aku...hikhik..

    ReplyDelete
  5. comrade words that you are full of meaning bundle. always successful comrade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what this song actually means about.... Would you tell me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Irfan : this is actually a poem, and as you know poem can have relatif meaning. It's deped how you take a point of view. For me, poem above is a diffrent side of Don Juan, a man known as a play boy but I've seen from diffrent side, I've seen his totality whenever he decide to love somebody, that's mean he will love her and give her his love

    ReplyDelete

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
-- confucius --

Never regret a day in your life. Good days give you happiness; Bad days give you experiences. Both are essential to life (N.N)